is a Kintetsu train station
in the town of Komono
), Mie Prefecture
, on the island of Honshū
station has two platforms, one of which is only used early in the mornings. There is a Sanco bus station
immediately outside the station entrance. This station has a window for buying limited express tickets.
The station is used primarily by morning and evening commuters to school and work. During the day, it also sees many tourists going to and from Yunoyama Onsen
According to a study conducted on Nov 08, 2005, there are 1137 people that pass through this station daily. This makes it the:
- 241th busiest Kintetsu station (out of 323 total stations at the time).
- 67th busiest Kintetsu station in Mie Prefecture (out of 116 total stations at the time).
- 7th busiest station on the Yunoyama Line (out of 10 total stations).
- Jun 01, 1913 - Yokkaichi Railway opens the station as Yunoyama Station (湯ノ山駅 Yunoyama-eki).
- Mar 01, 1931 - Due to mergers, station falls under the ownership of Mie Railway.
- Feb 11, 1944 - Due to mergers, station falls under the ownership of Sanco.
- Feb 01, 1964 - Railway division of Sanco splits off and forms separate company, station falls under the ownership of Mie Electric Railway.
- Apr 01, 1965 - Due to mergers, stations fall under the ownership of Kintetsu.
- Jul 15, 1965 - Direct Kintetsu limited express service between both Osaka and Nagoya begins.
- Mar 01, 1970 - Officially renamed Yunoyama-Onsen Station.
- 1979 - Platforms extended to support 4-car trains.
- Mar 17, 1998 - Direct service to both Osaka and Nagoya ends.
- Mar 18, 2004 - Limited express service ends.
- Apr 01, 2007 - Support for PiTaPa and ICOCA begins.