The Yoma Danio (Danio feegradei) is a fish in the Cyprinid family, a species of danio from Burma.
Although discovered by Hora in 1937 it was first exported in 2005
This fish has an exceptional ability for jumping. The fish can jump vertically to a height of over a foot (0.3 m) and it is not unknown to jump in this manner repeatedly. A tight fitting lid with no gaps is recommended
The Yoma Danio is quite variable with some specimens developing black bars.
- Maximum length: 3 in (8 cm)
- Colors: blue, gold, black, red
- Temperature preference: 20-25 degrees Celsius
- pH preference: 6 to 7
- Hardness preference: Soft to medium
- Salinity preference: Low to medium
- Compatibility: Good but fast like most danios, a largeish fish though, needs plenty of space
- Life span: Typically 3 to 5 years
- Ease of keeping: Moderate
- Ease of breeding: Moderate to hard