is a Hindi
(यश) and Sanskrit
(यश्) word that means splendour
It is a popular first name among Hindus, specially among speakers of Hindi, Gujrati and Marathi languages or their dialects.
Notabe People Named Yash
- Yash Birla, runs the Yash Birla Group that is part of the Birla Group (one of the largest industrial groups in India)
- Yash Chopra, a Hindi film writer, director, producer and founder of Yash Raj Films production house
- Yash Johar, a Hindi film producer and father of very successful director and TV show host Karan Johar
- Yash Tonk, a Mumbai-based TV and Movie actor, born and brought up in Hissar, Haryana, India.
- Yashpal Sharma, a Mumbai-based actor born and brought up in Hissar, Haryana, India.