was a Japanese domain
of the Edo period
, located in Tanba Province
. It was founded in 1609, when Matsudaira Yasushige
moved there from the Yakami Domain
. The domain changed hands several times until 1748, when it was given to Aoyama Tadatomo
. The Aoyama family remained there until 1868; the domain itself was abolished in 1871. Its territory first became part of the short-lived Toyooka Prefecture, before being made part of Hyogo Prefecture in 1876; it remains part of Hyogo Prefecture to the present day.
The Aoyama, the last ruling family, became viscounts in the Meiji era.
List of lords
- Genealogy of the Aoyama clan
- Japan Gazette (1912). Peerage of Japan. n.p.
- Papinot, Edmond (1972). Historical and Geographical Dictionary of Japan. Vermont: Tuttle.
- Tsukahira, Toshio George (1966). Feudal Control in Tokugawa Japan: The Sankin Kōtai System. Boston: Harvard University Press.