Wootton Top Lock
(previously known as Cadley Lock) is a lock
on the Kennet and Avon Canal
, at Wootton Rivers
Wootton Top Lock was built between 1718 and 1723 under the supervision of the engineer John Hore of Newbury. The canal is administered by British Waterways. The lock has a rise/fall of 8 ft 0 in (2.43 m).
East of this lock is the summit of the canal at 450 ft (137 m) above sea level. Downstream in same municipality are also the locks of Brimslade, Heathy Close, and Wootton Rivers (bottom) lock.