The lighthouse stands tall. The beacon was originally powered by a three-wicked kerosene lamp magnified by a third order fresnel lens. The light was electrified in 1924, and replaced by a DCB-24R airport beacon in 1964. The light can be seen for . A signal house (horns removed) remains on the grounds as well as a garage, two storage buildings, and an oil house. The Village of Wind Point has maintained the lighthouse and grounds since 1964, and uses the old keepers quarters as a village hall and police headquarters.
In the summer of 2007, the lighthouse tower underwent a US$210,000 restoration, during which windows and doors were replaced, brickwork repointed, and the tower repainted.