Whitecraigs railway station
is a railway station
serving the Whitecraigs
area of East Renfrewshire
. The station is managed by First ScotRail
and lies on the Neilston branch off the Cathcart Circle
The station was originally opened as part of the Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway
on 1 May 1903
. In some timetables the station was known as Whitecraigs for Rouken Glen
Since electrification in 1962
Since the line was electrified in 1962 the basic service has been a half hour service throughout the day (Mondays to Saturdays), with additional peak hour trains (Mondays to Fridays). From 2005 a half hourly Sunday service has also been provided.
Class 303 "Blue Train" electric multiple units provided almost all trains services for many years thereafter, being joined by the almost similar Class 311 from 1967. Services are now mainly operated by the Class 314 EMUs.