The company was dissolved in 1937. By comparison with other logging roads of the day in the White Mountains, this was a small one, running only eight or so miles up the narrow valley of the Sawyer River above Bartlett at the south end of Crawford Notch. It connected to the Portland and Ogdensburg Railway below Crawford Notch.
The route of the railroad is accessible from U.S. Route 302, the current highway through Crawford Notch, approximately six miles west of Bartlett village. The remains of a CCC camp, including two building slabs and fireplaces, are still easily recognized next to the parking area along U.S. 302. The Sawyer River Road on the opposite side of the parking area generally follows the old railroad grade to the townsite of Livermore.