Weenie Beenie was founded by Carl and Bill Staton in Arlington, Virginia in 1950. Bill Staton, a billiards player, used money from his pool playing to fund the restaurants, which numbered six at one time. Bill Staton was also known by the nickname "Weenie Beenie". The final Weenie Beenie is the original location, in the Shirlington section of Arlington. It is now particularly well known for its half-smokes.