is a unincorporated
rural community in Ocean County
, New Jersey
that is a part of Stafford Township
, Barnegat Township, and Little Egg Harbor Township. Its location in the heart of the Pine Barrens
makes it one of the most secluded and remote corners of the state.
The Warren Grove Gunnery Range a military bomb practice range. Fighter jets including A-10's and F-16's from East Coast Air National Guard
units use the area for practice bombing and strafing.
- In May 2007, flares dropped from an F-16 belonging to the 177th Fighter Wing set off a large wildfire that consumed more than 18,000 acres (73 km²) of the Pinelands and forced the evacuation of hundreds of residents.
- In November 2004, an F-16 fired 25 rounds that hit the Little Egg Harbor Intermediate School.
- In January 2002, another aircraft practicing at Warren Grove crashed near the Garden State Parkway spewing flames and molten metal across the busy road.
- In June 2001, a forest fire is caused when an Air National Guard plane drops a 25-pound practice bomb at the range.
- In April 1999, Nearly 12,000 acres (49 km²) of forest, wetlands, cedar swamp and cranberry bogs burn after a Pennsylvania Air National Guard plane drops a "dummy" bomb more than a mile from its target.