This is a list of topics related to the Vietnam War
Listed by starting date:
- Operation 34A - (1964)
- Operation Hump- November 5 1965
- Operation Crimp - January 7 1966
- Operation Birmingham - April 1966
- Operation Hastings - Late May 1966
- Operation Prairie - August 1966
- Operation Deckhouse Five - January 6, 1967
- Operation Cedar Falls - January 8, 1967
- Operation Junction City - February 21, 1967
- Operation Scotland - See Battle of Khe Sanh
- Operation Pegasus - August 8, 1968
- Operation Dewey Canyon - January 22, 1969
- Operation Chicago Peak - April 1970
- Operation Texas Star - April - September, 1970
- Operation Ivory Coast - November 21, 1970
- Operation Jefferson Glenn - 1970-1971
- Operation Lam Son 719 - February 8, 1971
- Ho Chi Minh Campaign January 24 - April 30, 1975
- Operation Frequent Wind - April, 1975
- Battle of Ap Bac - January 2, 1963
- Battle of Binh Gia - December 28, 1964 - January 1, 1965
- Battle of Dong Xoai - June 10, 1965
- Battle of Ia Drang - November 14 - November 16, 1965
- Battle of Long Tan - August 18, 1966
- Battle of Hills 881 and 861 - April 24-May 9, 1967
- Battle of Dak To- November 3-November 22, 1967
- Battle of Khe Sanh - January 21 - April 8, 1968
- Tet Offensive - January 30 - February 25, 1968
- Battle of Kham Duc - May 10 - May 12, 1968
- First Battle of Saigon - January 31, - February 3, 1968
- Battle of Hue - January 31, - February 25, 1968
- Tet 1969 - February 1969
- Battle of Hamburger Hill - May 10 - May 20, 1969
- Firebase Ripcord - March 12 - July 23, 1970
- Cambodian Incursion - April 29 - July 22, 1970
- Battle of Snoul - January 5 - May 30, 1971
- Easter Offensive - March 30 - October 22, 1972
- First Battle of Quang Tri - March 30 - May 1, 1972
- Battle of Loc Ninh - April 4 - April 7, 1972
- Battle of An Loc - April 20 - July 20, 1972
- Second Battle of Quang Tri - June 28 - September 16, 1972
- Battle of Phuoc Long - December 13, 1974 - January 6, 1975
- Battle of Buon Me Thuot - March 10 - March 12, 1975
- Battle of Xuan Loc - April 9 - April 20, 1975
South Vietnamese people
North Vietnamese people
Anti-war publications in the US forces
- "Fatigue Press" at Fort Hood,
- "Last Harass" at Fort Gordon, Georgia
- "Pawn's Pawn" at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri
- "Ultimate Weapon" at Fort Dix, New Jersey
- "Attitude Check" at Camp Pendleton, California
- "Green Machine" at Fort Greely, Alaska
- "Napalm" at Fort Campbell, Tennessee
- "Arctic Arsenal" at Fort Greely, Alaska
- "Black Voice" at Fort McClellan, Alabama
- "Fragging Action" at Fort Dix
- "Fort Polk Puke" at Fort Polk, Louisiana
- "Custer's Last Stand" at Fort Riley, Kansas
- "Whack!" from the Women's Army Corps School
- "Where Are We?" at Fort Huachuca, Arizona
- "Voice of the Lumpen" (affiliated with the Black Panther Party) in Frankfurt
- "Can You Bear McNair?" at McNair Barracks, Berlin
- "Seasick" at Subic Bay
- "The Man Can't Win If You Grin" in Okinawa
- "Korea Free Press"
- "Semper Fi" in Japan
- "Stars and Bars" in England
- "Separated From Life" in England
- "Duck Power" in San Diego
- "Harass the Brass" at Canute Air Force Base, Illinois
- "All Hands Abandon Ship", Newport, Rhode Island
- "Now Hear This", Long Beach
- "Potemkin" on the USS Forestall
- "Star Spangled Bummer" at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- "Fat Albert's Death Ship" in Charlestown
- "Pig Boat Blues", USS Agerholm
- "Special Weapons", Kirtland AFB, New Mexico
- "I Will Fear No Evil", Kirtland AFB, New Mexico
- "Blows Against the Empire", Kirtland AFB, New Mexico
source: "The American War" - see references below
- David H. Hackworth. 1989 About Face
- A.J. Langguth. 2000. Our Vietnam: the War 1954-1975.
- Mann, Robert. 2002. Grand Delusion, A: America's Descent Into Vietnam.
- Windrow, Martin. 2005. The Last Valley: Dien Bien Phu and the French Defeat in Vietnam.
- Bernard Fall. 1967. Hell in a Very Small Place: the Siege of Dien Bien Phu.
- Harvey Pekar. 2003. American Splendor: Unsung Hero
- Prados, John. 2000. The Blood Road: The Ho Chi Minh Trail and the Vietnam War.
- Prados, John. 1999. Valley of Decision: The Siege of Khe Sanh.
- Shultz, Robert H. Jr. 2000. The Secret War Against Hanoi: The Untold Story of Spies, Saboteurs, and Covert Warriors in North Vietnam.
- Plaster, John L. 1998. SOG: The Secret Wars of America's Commandos in Vietnam.
- Murphy, Edward F. 1995. Dak To: America's Sky Soldiers in South Vietnam's Central Highlands.
- Nolan, Keith W. 1996. The Battle for Saigon: Tet 1968.
- Nolan, Keith W. 1996. Sappers in the Wire: The Life and Death of Firebase Mary Ann.
- Nolan, Keith W. 1992. Operation Buffalo: USMC Fight for the DMZ.
- Nolan, Keith W. 2003. Ripcord : Screaming Eagles Under Siege, Vietnam 1970.
- Robert S. McNamara. 1996. In Retrospect: The Tragedy and Lessons of Vietnam.
- Larry Berman. 2002. No Peace, No Honor: Nixon, Kissinger, and Betrayal in Vietnam.
- Bergerud, Eric M. 1994. Red Thunder, Tropic Lightning: The World of a Combat Division in Vietnam.
- Bernard Edelman. 2002. Dear America: Letters Home from Vietnam.
- Darrel D. Whitcomb. 1999. The Rescue of Bat 21.
- Oberdorfer, Don. 1971. Tet: the Story of a Battle and its Historic Aftermath.
- LTG Harold G. Moore and Joseph L. Galloway. 1992. We Were Soldiers Once ... And Young.
- Duiker, William J. 2002. Ho Chi Minh: A Life.
- John Laurence. 2002. The Cat from Hue: A Vietnam War Story.
- Emerson, Gloria. 1976. Winners and Losers: Battles, Retreats, Gains, Losses and Ruins from a Long War.
- Philip Caputo. 1977. A Rumor of War.
- Al Santoli. 1981. Everything We Had: an Oral History of the Vietnam War by 33 American Soldiers Who Fought It.
- Robert C. Mason. 1983. Chickenhawk.
- Michael Herr. 1977. Dispatches.
- Joseph T. Ward. 1991. Dear Mom: a Sniper's Vietnam.
- Hemphill, Robert. 1998. Platoon: Bravo Company.
- Noam Chomsky. 1967. The Responsibility of Intellectuals.
- Moore, Robin. 1965 The Green Berets (ISBN 0-312-98492-8)
Although there is no official list grouping, the major Vietnam war movies have been noted for their main focus on a particular branch of the United States Military in Vietnam. Full Metal Jacket is about the U.S. Marines in Vietnam, Platoon
is about the U.S. Army in Vietnam, We Were Soldiers is about the Air Cavalry in Vietnam, Apocalypse Now is, to an extent, about the U.S. Navy in Vietnam, Hamburger Hill is about the Airborne in Vietnam and The Green Berets is about the Green Berets in Vietnam.
- 4-part video series profiling the untold story of the Vietnam War.
- Timeline of NVA invasion of South Vietnam
- VietnamWar.com - biographies, pictures, historical data
- A Vietnam Veterans Site, Excellent Historical Information and photos
- About the Khe Sanh Hill Fights
- Asian-Nation: The Viet Nam/American War
- Congressional Use of Funding Cutoffs Involving US Military Forces and Overseas Deployments
- Department of the Navy — Navy Historical Center: By Sea, Air, and Land
- GI Resistance in the Vietnam War, 1961-1973 Covers the fraggings, "search and avoid" missions, etc.
- Over There by Peter Egan and Joel Fields
- PBS American Experience: Vietnam Online
- Pentagon Papers
- Teaching about Vietnam and the Vietnam War
- The Annals of Vietnam (emphasis on the early years of the conflict)
- Viet Nam Today for Vets
- Photographs by Vietnamese war photographers
- Vietnam War picture essay
- Vietnam War picture gallery
- Vietnam War Terminology and Slang
- Vietnam Views (marking the 30th anniversary of its end, a social journal that captures stories from those affected by the war)
- Vietnam War uniforms and equipment
- The personal account of a GI about army personnel's resistance to the war by Dave Blalock
- Virtual Vietnam Archive (more than 2 million pages of online historical materials)
- The Effects of Vietnamization on the Republic of Vietnam's Armed Forces, 1969-1972
- The Virtual Wall online Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- Vietnam War Films
- Flags of the Viêt Nam War
- Spraying of Agent orange by US Army in Vietnam and its consequences
- CBC Digital Archives –Canada's Secret War: Vietnam
- Vaughn Davis Bornet. . "The Presidency of Lyndon B. Johnson. Lawrence, Kansas: University Press of Kansas. Chapters 3, 4, 11, 14.
- Phillip Davidson. 1988. Vietnam at War: The History 1946-1975
- Daniel Ellsberg. 2002. Secrets: A Memoir of Vietnam and the Pentagon Papers. New York: Viking Press.
- Frances Fitzgerald. 1972. Fire in the Lake: The Vietnamese and the Americans in Vietnam. Boston: Little Brown and Company.
- Felix Greene. 1966. VIETNAM! VIETNAM! IN PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT. Palo Alto, California: Fulton Publishing Company, LCCN: 66-28359.
- David Halberstam. 1969. The Best and the Brightest. New York. Ballantine Books.
- Patrick J. Hearden. 1991. The Tragedy of Vietnam New York: Harper Collins.
- George C. Herring. 1979. "America's Longest War: The United States and Vietnam, 1950-1975". Boston: McGraw-Hill.
- Stanley Karnow. 1983. Vietnam, A History. New York: Viking Press, ISBN 0-14-026547-3
- Michael P. Kelley. 2002 Where We Were In Vietnam, 1945-1975. Hellgate Press. ISBN 1-55571-625-3
- Michael Maclear. 1981. Vietnam, The Ten Thousand Day War. London: Mandarin, ISBN 0-7493-0016-7
- Robert J. McMahon. 2003. Major Problems in the History of the s relating Vietnam War. New York, Houghton Mifflin Co., ISBN 0-618-19312-X
- Robert McNamara. 1995. In Retrospect: The Tragedy and Lessons of Vietnam. (written with Brian VanDeMark) New York: Vintage Books.
- Robert Mann. 2001. A Grand Delusion: America's Descent into Vietnam. New York: Basic Books.
- Wilbur H. Morrison. 2001. The Elephant and the Tiger. Hellgate Press. ISBN 1-55571-612-1
- Jonathan Neale. 2001. The American War: Vietnam 1960-1975. London: Bookmarks Publications Limited, ISBN 1-898876-67-3
- James S. Olson (editor). 1988. Dictionary of the Vietnam War. New York: Greenwood Press, Inc.
- Gareth Porter, Perils Of Dominance: Imbalance Of Power And The Road To War In Vietnam, University of California Press (June, 2005), hardcover, 403 pages, ISBN 0-520-23948-2
- Robert Schulzinger. 1997. A Time for War: The United States and Vietnam, 1941-1975. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Neil Sheehan. 1988. A Bright Shining Lie. New York: Vintage.
- Lewis Sorley. 1999. A Better War: The Unexamined Victories and Final Tragedy of America's Last Years in Vietnam New York: Harcourt.
- Shelby Stanton. 1987. Vietnam: Order of Battle
- Shelby Stanton. 1988. The Rise and Fall of an American Army
- Gabriel Kolko. 1994. Anatomy of a War: Vietnam, the United States, and the Modern Historical Experience London: Phoenix Press.
- Bob Fink. 1981 Vietnam, A View from the Walls. Detroit: Greenwich Publishing. ISBN 0-912424-08-7.