Wantirna is a suburb of Melbourne, Australia, in the state of Victoria. It is in the Local Government Area of the City of Knox. Features include the Knox Private Hospital. On Sundays there is a "Trash and Treasure" (Flea) market. There is also a SCOPE mental health facility and a Hungarian Community Centre along with many churches scattered throughout.
In December 1939, after the outbreak of WW2, West Prussia Road was changed to Wantirna Road.
Its name is derived from the local aboriginal population's meaning for, "a gurgling stream".
It was first settled in 1842 when Mrs. Madeline Scott established her "Bushy Park" cattle run on the banks of the Dandenong Creek. During the 1870’s other pioneers opened up the area to settlement and in 1913 a Post Office was established.
It shares the postcode of 3152 with Wantirna South.