The Walled Lake Consolidated School District (also known as "Walled Lake Schools," "Walled Lake School District," or "Walled lake Consolidated Schools") is a large school district in Oakland County Michigan. The school district has 15 elementary schools, 4 middle schools and 3 high schools and serves over 15,000 children from the cities of Farmington Hills, Novi, Orchard Lake, Walled Lake and Wixom, and the townships of Commerce, West Bloomfield and White Lake, and Wolverine Lake Village.
The Walled Lake School District has three high school auditoriums available for rent to the public. They are managed by an Auditorium Manager and staffed by industry professionals with help from trained students. All three are state of the art and feature versatile sound and lighting systems. We can support most events and productions such as dance competitions and recitals, theater, music performance, guest speakers, meetings, cultural events, and presentations. All of the schools in the district have music classes and many of them offer vocal music groups. The middle and high schools have award winning choirs, bands and orchestras. Each of the three high schools produces an annual musical and play. These musicals have included Les Miserables: The Student Edition
(Western: Midwest High School Premiere
), A Christmas Carol: The Musical
(Western: World Premiere
) and Beauty and The Beast
). Each middle school's communication art students perform and present multiple times during the school year.
The Walled Lake Schools does also have its own educational access channel along with the other neighboring school districts. The WLTV channel can be accessed by Bright House or Comcast cable networks. You can get upcoming information about the schools and watch past school performances and sports. This is produced by many students from the Walled Lake Western High School students in television production classes. A WLTV Programming Schedule
for WLTV can be found on the district's website.
- Commerce Elementary School
- Dublin Elementary School
- Glengary Elementary School
- Guest (Mary Helen Guest) Elementary School
- Hickory Woods Elementary
- Keith Elementary
- Loon Lake Elementary
- Maple Elementary
- Meadowbrook Elementary
- Oakley Park Elementary
- Pleasant Lake Elementary
- Twin Beach Elementary
- Walled Lake Elementary
- Wixom Elementary
- Educational Services Center
- Outdoor Education Center
- As of December 2007, the Outdoor Educational Center added the new Outdoor Weather Station.
- Former superintendent of Walled Lake Schools, Dr. James R. Geisler Ph.D. retired in June 2006 causing the renaming of Walled Lake Middle School to James R. Geisler Middle School in his honor. He was in the role for 18 years.
- The current Community High School was formerly the Walled Lake Schools building for K-12 students. It was then K-9 as Walled Lake Central & Western opened. Later, it was a 7-9 building as elementary schools were built. Later, 9th grade was moved to high school making it a 7-8 building. Lastly, grades 6, 7, and 8 were in that building for years. After, that junior high school was moved to what is now Geisler Middle School and now is the Community High.
- Miss. America 2008, Kristen Haglund, attended Walled Lake Schools. She was a 2006 graduate of Walled Lake Western High School and attended Walled Lake Middle School, now James Geisler Middle, and Meadowbrook Elementary.
- Walled Lake Western and Central High School are going to be in the Guinness Book of World Records For The Beating The Drumroll record at Wal-Mart in Commerce.
- Walled Lake Schools Superintendent, Dr. William A. Hamilton, won a reward for being a tech-savvy superintendent in the country. Award presented by eSchool News.
- Commerce Elementary has been designated a Michigan Exemplary School by the Michigan Department of Education.
- Glengary Elementary has been designated a National Exemplary School by the Michigan Department of Education.
- Keith Elementary has been designated a Michigan Exemplary School by the Michigan Department of Education.
- Oakley Park Elementary has been designated a National Exemplary School by the U.S. Department of Education.
- C.H. Smart Middle School has been designated a Michigan Exemplary School by the Michigan Department of Education.
- Sarah Banks Middle School has been designated a Michigan Exemplary School by the Michigan Department of Education.
- James R. Geisler Middle School has received an award for Superior Energy Performance by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Hickory Woods Elementary School has been recognized for Superior Energy Performance by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.