Veppathur was originally known as Nimmapuram (meaning Neem Village in Sanskrit). It is located approximately a single kilometer from Thiruvidaimaruthur and about six kilometers from Kumbakonam.
1. Lord Venkatachalapathi Temple
2. Veetrirundha Perumal Temple
3. Kamakshi Ambal Sametha Sri Ekambareswarar Temple
4. Sri Meenakshi Ambal Sametha Sri Sundareswarar Temple
5. Mariamman Temple- is more than 100 years old. It was renovated and re-dedicated (Kumbabishekam) on June 24 2005.[Kalmettu mariamman]
6. Ayyanar Temple poorana-pushkalam sameda Ayyanar temple]
7.Pidari amman[saptha maatha]temple,near mariamman temple.