was an aircraft squadron of the United States Navy
. It was located at Naval Air Station Miramar
fronm 1964 to 1980. Its primary function was to help train aviators in attacking and shooting down enemy aircraft. VC-7 was established as VJ-1 on 4 December 1942. In 1946 it was redesignated VU-7, and on 2 July 1965 to VC-7. The Squadron was disestablished on 30 September 1980.
VC-7 aircraft towed targets and engaged trainee pilots in aerial dog fights.
Aircraft operated by the squadron included: