Upper Ballinderry is a small village in County Antrim, Northern Ireland, about 10 miles (15 km) north west of Lisburn. In the 2001 Census it had a population of 192 people. It is situated in the Lisburn City Council area.
It is a mill village, developed around a crossroads with a prominent church, mill building and estate. The A26 road bypasses the village to the east. Upper Ballinderry is situated on relatively flat land rising gradually to the east. The village has developed in a linear form on both sides of North Street and is contained by the Glenavy Road to the east and the disused railway line to the north. The original road has been realigned with the more recent Glenavy Road situated to the east of the earlier route. Facilities include the Church of Ireland Ballinderry Parish Church on the village outskirts to the west on the Lower Ballinderry Road, a filling station, a fruit and vegetable shop, a café, a car spares shop, a Church Hall and a Memorial Hall.
Locally significant buildings include Ballinderry Parish Church (built 1824) and Glebe House, which are listed buildings, and Fruithill House, Rosevale, Oatland Cottage, and converted mill buildings and outhouses.
Ballinderry, (derived from the Irish: Baile an Doire meaning "Town of the oak wood") is the name of two villages which are 2.5 miles apart joined by the B104 - Upper and Lower Ballinderry. Located between the villages is the 17th century church known as The Middle Church. This church was consecrated in 1668 and replaced the original church in Ballinderry which was situated near Portmore Lough 2 miles west of Lower Ballinderry. The Middle Church and its predecessor Portmore Church, are closely associated with Jeremy Taylor (1613-1667), a prominent 17th century clergyman who commissioned the building of the Middle Church while serving as Bishop of Down, Connor and Dromore.