- For the station on the former Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway see Uplawmoor (L&A) railway station.
Uplawmoor railway station was a railway station near the village of Uplawmoor, East Renfrewshire, Scotland. The station was originally part of the Glasgow, Barrhead and Kilmarnock Joint Railway.
The station opened on 27 March 1871
. The station spend most of its existence as this name, and was only renamed to Uplawmoor upon the closure of the station with the same name on the Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway
on 2 April 1962
. The station closed permanently on 7 November 1966
Today the line is still open as part of the Glasgow South Western Line, with the original station building still standing as a private residence. Many local campaigns to re-open the station have come and gone without success.
- Butt, R.V.J. The Directory of Railway Stations. Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0508-1.