Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics (UTM)
is a series of undergraduate-level textbooks
published by Springer-Verlag
. The books in this series, like the other Springer-Verlag mathematics series, are small yellow books of a standard size. As of April 2008, there are a hundred and forty four titles in the series.
The books in this series tend to be written at a more elementary level than the similar Graduate Texts in Mathematics series, although there is a fair amount of overlap between the two series in terms of material covered and difficulty level.
List of books
- Abbott, S (2002). Understanding Analysis.
- Armstrong, M.A. (1983). Basic Topology.
- Armstrong, M.A. (1988). Groups and Symmetry.
- Apostol, Tom M. (1998). Introduction to Analytic Number Theory.
- Axler, S (1997). Linear Algebra Done Right. Second Edition,
- Bak, Joseph; Donald J. Newman (2001). Complex Analysis.
- Banchoff, Th.; Wermer, J (1993). Linear Algebra Through Geometry. Second Edition,
- Beardon, A.F (1997). Limits: A New Approach to Real Analysis.
- Beck, M.; Robins, S. (2007). Computing the Continuous Discretely.
- Berberian, S.K. (1998). A First Course in Real Analysis.
- Bix, R (2006). Conics and Cubics: A Concrete Introduction to Algebraic Curves.
- Breamaud, P. (1994). An Introduction to Probabilistic Modeling.
- Bressoud, D.M. (1989). Factorization and Primality Testing.
- Brickman, L. (1998). Mathematical Introduction to Linear Programming and Game Theory.
- Browder, A. (2001). Mathematical Analysis: An Introduction.
- Buchmann, J. (2004). Introduction to Cryptography.
- Buskes, G.; van Rooij, A. (1997). Topological Spaces: From Distance to Neighborhood.
- Callahan, J.J. (2001). The Geometry of Spacetime: An Introduction to Special and General Relativity.
- Carter, M.; van Brunt, B. (2000). The Lebesgue-Stieltjies Integral: A Practical Introduction.
- Cederberg, J.N. (2004). A Course in Modern Geometries. Second Edtion,
- Chambert-Loir,, A. (2005). A Field Guide to Algebra.
- Childs, L.N. (2000). A Concrete Introduction to Higher Algebra.
- Chung, D.; AitSahlia, F (2003). Elementary Probability Theory with Stochastic Processes.
- Cox, D; Little, J et al. (2008). Ideals, Varieties, and Algorithms. Second Edition,
- Croom, F.H. (1978). Basic Concepts of Algebraic Topology.
- Cull, P. (2005). Difference Equations: From Rabbits to Chaos.
- Curtis, Charles W. (1999). Linear Algebra: An Introductory Approach.
- Daepp, U. (2003). Reading, Writing, and Proving: A Closer Look at Mathematics.
- Devlin, Keith (1993). The Joy of Sets, Fundamentals of Contemporary Set Theory. 2nd Edition,
- Dixmier, J. (1984). General Topology.
- Driver, R.D. (1995). Why Math?.
- Ebbinghaus, H.-D.; J.Flum, W. Thomas (1994). Mathematical Logic. 2nd Edition,
- Halmos, Paul R. (1974). Naive Set Theory.
- Jones, Gareth A. (1998). Elementary Number Theory.
- Moschovakis, Yiannis N. (1994). Notes on Set Theory.
- Stillwell, John Mathematics and Its History. 2nd edition,
- Thorpe, John A. (1979). Basic Topology.