Undeceived is the second LP and third studio release by Norwegian Christian metal band Extol. It was released in 2000 on Solid State Records. It was re-released in 2002 on Century Media.
The Metal Observer writes that the album's sound combines the heaviness of traditional death metal with emotional elements, partly a bit abstract, technical song-structures, a portion of melodies and some violin, and power metal influenced clean vocals in contrast with the high-pitched deathgrowls. The same source desribes Uncedeived as "demanding music" and "brilliant" with "phenomemal instrumental talents.
- "Inferno" (O. Børud) - 5:15
- "Undeceived" (O. Børud, P. Espevoll) - 7:07
- "Time Stands Still" (C. Espevoll) - 7:59
- "Ember" (O. Børud, C. Espevoll) - 6:30
- "Meadows of Silence" (Instrumental) (O. Børud) - 1:28
- "Shelter" (O. Børud, C. Espevoll, P. Espevoll) - 6:16
- "A Structure of Souls" (O. Børud) - 4:13
- "Of Light and Shade" (O. Børud, D. Husvik) - 4:47
- "Where Sleep Is Rest" (Instrumental) (O. Børud) - 3:18
- "Renewal" (O. Børud, C. Espevoll) - 5:06
- "Abandoned" (J. Carleklev, Sanctum) - 0:54
- "And I Watch" (O. Børud) - 4:33
- "Human Frailtie's Grave" - 4:34[*]
- "Shadow of Death" (Believer cover) - 3:38[**]
(*)This track was a bonus track on the Japanese version and the German Century Media re-release.
(**)This track was only on the German Century Media re-release.
|And I Watch/Human Frailties Grave (09:04), 2000 Endtime Productions|
This single was limited to 400 copies and was released as a 7" vinyl edition. It contains one unreleased track titled "Human Frailties Grave".
- And I Watch - 4:33
- Human Frailties Grave - 4:31
- Ole Børud - Vocals, Guitar
- Peter Espevoll - Lead Vocals
- Christer Espevoll - Guitar, Bgv
- Tor Magnes Glidje - Bass
- David Husvik - Drums, Bgv
- Tarjei Nysted - Violins on "Undeceived", "Inferno", and "Ember", brass on "Undeceived".
- Ida Mo - Cello on "Undeceived".
- Producers - Extol, Ole Børud