Undead and Unwed is a paranormal romance novel by MaryJanice Davidson. It follows the first of six adventures Elizabeth Anne "Betsy" Taylor has after her transformation into a vampire.
On her thirtieth birthday, Betsy gets laid off and hit by a car. She awakens three days later in a coffin, dressed in a tacky pink suit and cheap shoes. Confused, she tries repeatedly to kill (or re-kill) herself, but to no avail. She finally gives up and decides to just try to pick up where she left off. After popping in on her father, her stepmonster, her mom and her best friend Jessica just to say "Hey, I'm not dead!" she gets a phone call from someone who knows she's a vampire!
Despite Jessica's protests, Betsy goes alone to meet this guy.
Characters in Undead and Unwed
Undead and Unwed
features the following characters.
- Betsy Taylor: Betsy is a normal unemployed woman until she is hit by a car and wakes up a vampire.
- Eric Sinclair: Eric is infatuated by Betsy and has plans for the newly risen vampire.
- Jessica: Best friend to Betsy, Jessica is rich and devastated by her friend's untimely death. She is quick to accept Betsy being a vampire.
- Marc: is a doctor Betsy meets on top of a building when she saves him from attempting to kill himself. Although he finds her attractive, he informs her that she is not his type as he is gay.
- Tina: is Eric's best friend and second in command. She is protective of Eric and quick to help Betsy.
- Nostro: is a 500 year old vampire who currently controls the vampires.
- Nick Berry: Nick was Betsy's dream guy until she died and was reawakened as a vampire. After a very bad sexual encounter, Betsy decides things are over with Nick.
- The Fiends: a group of vampires who were starved of blood when they were turned. These vampires were created by Nostro and reverted to animals.
The idea of a movie has been talked about various times by MaryJanice Davidson in her Yahoo!Group. It is unclear how far this project is in development other than that a script is in the works.