|Laid down:||25 October 1944|
|Launched:||19 January 1945|
|Commissioned:||3 July 1945|
|Displacement:||1,781 tons (light);|
3,700 tons (full)
|Length:||328 ft 0 in|
|Beam:||50 ft 0 in|
|Draft:||11 ft 2 in|
|Propulsion:||Two General Motors 12-567 diesel engines, two shafts, twin rudders|
|Complement:||260 officers and enlisted men|
|Armament:||Two 40mm gun mounts, eight 20mm gun mounts|
The USS Demeter (ARB-10) was one of 12 Aristaeus-class battle damage repair ships built for the United States Navy during World War II. Named for Demeter (the Greek goddess of agriculture), she was the only U.S. Naval vessel to bear the name.
LST-1121 was launched 19 January 1945 by the Chicago Bridge and Iron Company of Seneca, Illinois; sponsored by Mrs. W. B. Wynn; placed in partial commission 31 January 1945 under the command of Lieutenant P. P. Wynn, USNR; sailed down the Mississippi River on her way to Baltimore where she was decommissioned 2 March 1945 for conversion to a battle damage repair ship; and commissioned as USS Demeter (ARB-10) 3 July 1945 with Lieutenant E. V. Converse, USNR, in command. Demeter called at San Diego from 1 to 6 September 1945 and arrived at Pearl Harbor ten days later. She embarked passengers for the United States and sailed 11 October for the east coast, arriving at Charleston, South Carolina on 11 November. She arrived at Green Cove Springs, Florida 27 November and was placed in service in reserve 27 May 1947 to provide services there to the reserve fleet group. Demeter was sold on 3 September 1959.