Tytherington was a small station with a single platform on a single track section of the line. There was a single-storey wooden building. The station was closed to passengers with the rest of the line in 1944, but remained open for goods traffic until 1963. The line itself remains in use as far as Tytherington Quarry, for the transport of stone from the Hanson plc site.
The station building has now been demolished, but the station master's house remains in residential use.