It was originally a part of Edøy formannskapsdistrikt, which had its origin in Edøy parish (prestegjeld). A meeting held on 17 March 1863 decided to build a church in Tustern (which was the name at that time) and thereby gain status as a separate parish. A royal resolution of 3 May 1873 directed that Tustern be separated from Edøy to create a separate municipality. This happened on 1 January 1874. The new municipality had a population of 1,179.
Patent No. 7,765,725 Issued on Aug. 3, Assigned to Fossura for Subsea Rocks, Sediments Removal Method, Device (Norwegian Inventors)
Aug 04, 2010; ALEXANDRIA, Va., Aug. 7 -- Tom Jacobsen of Trondheim, Norway, and Terje Fagervold of Tustna, Norway, have developed a...