is a village
and also a civil parish
within Aylesbury Vale district
. It is located in the north of the county, near the border with Oxfordshire
, about a mile east of Brackley
in the latter.
The village name is Scandinavian in origin, and means 'Þorfrøthr's village'. It was recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086 as Turvestone.
There is also an operational former World War II airfield at Turweston Airfield, now also a conference centre, business park and rally school.