is an inner southern suburb of Wagga Wagga
in southern New South Wales
. Its boundaries are defined by Fernleigh Road to the south, Glenfield Road to the west, Coleman Street to the north and to the east by Willans Hill. House prices in Turvey Park are amongst some of the highest in Wagga Wagga due to its proximity the CBD.
The suburb was added to the municipality in 1939. It was named after the property "Turvey Park" established by Thomas Turvey (died 14 January 1889), a licensee and store owner. A large family vault on the property was moved to the Anglican cemetery to allow for the construction of the intersection of Mitchelmore St and Hodson Ave (Morris, p. 214). A commemorative plaque now marks the original site.
References and notes
- Morris, S (1999). Wagga Wagga, a history. Bobby Graham Publishers, Wagga Wagga. ISBN 1-875247-12-2