The course dates back to 1897 when there were only 9-holes. By 1900, the layout was expanded to 18 holes and James Braid made amendments to the original layout in 1924.
This has been the home of Turnhouse Golf Club since the name changed from the Lothian Golf Club in 1909. The club host an annual 7-day tournament which is regarded as one of the best in the Lothians and usually attracts high calibre players from far and wide.
The layout has changed in recent years to include a brand new 5th hole in addition to the reshaping of many of the original greens.