Transom (nautical)


The term transom may refer to:

  • Transom (architectural), the horizontal lintel or beam across a window, dividing it into stages or heights. In the U.S. it also can refer to a fixed window over a door or another window
  • Transom (nautical), in naval architecture, is the surface that forms the stern of a vessel

Search another word or see Transom (nautical)on Dictionary | Thesaurus |Spanish
Copyright © 2015, LLC. All rights reserved.
  • Please Login or Sign Up to use the Recent Searches feature