Transmitter Königs Wusterhausen

Königs Wusterhausen radio transmitter

The transmitter Königs Wusterhausen was a large transmission facility for longwave, mediumwave and shortwave near Königs Wusterhausen, southeast of Berlin, Germany, which was established in 1915. On December 22 1920 the first transmission on music and speech was made there in the longwave range.

The transmitter consisted of many masts with heights of 210 metres and the 243 metre high central tower, which collapsed on November 15 1972. After the collapse of the central tower most masts were dismounted. At the date of reunification there was only one 210 metre high mast with a longwave aerial, two masts for a T-aerial for medium wave and some small towers. The transmitters for mediumwave, shortwave and longwave were shutdown between 1992 and 1999 and the whole area was transformed in a museum, which is marked by the 210 metre high mast.

For mobile phone services and low power FM broadcasting a 67 metre high free standing tower of concrete was buit in 1994.

See also

External links

  • http://www.skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?b45650

Search another word or see Transmitter Königs Wusterhausenon Dictionary | Thesaurus |Spanish
Copyright © 2014 Dictionary.com, LLC. All rights reserved.
  • Please Login or Sign Up to use the Recent Searches feature