The precise location of the school has been a matter of some uncertainty. A recent study, however, has identified its original location as being in Strand Street, on the site of the present Cape Sun Hotel. In 1833 the school moved to a new building in Queen Victoria Street, a site which is today occupied by the annexe to the Cape High Court. The school remained on this site until its closure in 1870.
The Success of the Civilization Offensive: Societal Adaptation of Reformed Boys in the Early Twentieth Century in the Netherlands
Jun 22, 2011; Introduction The reform of criminals and potential digressors has been the object of politicians' and policy makers' concern for...