, also known as The Japanese School of Toronto Shokokai Inc.
, is a hoshū jugyō kō located in downtown area of Toronto
. It was established by the Toronto Shokokai Inc. Located on Winona Drive in downtown Toronto, the school borrows McMurrich School building for preschool and elementary school level classes, and Winona Public School building for middle school and high school level classes.
- September 1973 - Opens as a Japanese language school.
- April 1974 - Splits into Japanese language school and Hoshu jugyo ko.
- May 1976 - Hoshu jugyo ko becomes an independent school.
- April 1977 - Class for preschool level is established.
- December 1977 - School anthem "Toronto Hoshu Jugyo Ko no Uta" is created
- April 1978 - Class for high school level is established.
As of 2006:
- Preschool: 24
- Elementary school: 248
- Middle school: 86
- High school: 66