Thou Shalt Honor Thy Wife
1925 in film
Top grossing films
- The Big Parade
- The Freshman
- Men and Women
- His People
- The Gold Rush
- The Merry Widow
- Stella Dallas (1925 film)
- The Lost World (1925 film)
- East Lynne
- Little Annie Rooney
- The Lucky Devil
- The Unholy Three
- The Everlasting Whisper
Films released in 1925
- El Húsar de la muerte, starring and directed by Pedro Sienna.
- The Battleship Potemkin
- Ben-Hur, starring Ramon Novarro.
- The Big Parade, directed by King Vidor and starring John Gilbert and Renée Adorée.
- Braveheart, starring Rod La Rocque.
- Don Q, Son of Zorro
- The Eagle, starring Rudolph Valentino.
- East Lynne, staring Edmund Lowe
- The Everlasting Whisper, starring Tom Mix
- The Freshman, starring Harold Lloyd
- General Nogi and Kumasan (Nogi taisho to Kumasan)
- Go West, starring Buster Keaton.
- The Gold Rush, a Charlie Chaplin film.
- The Heart Breaker
- His People
- Isn't Life Terrible
- Joyless Street
- The Lady, starring Norma Talmadge
- Little Annie Rooney, starring Mary Pickford.
- The Lost World (1925 film), starring Bessie Love and Wallace Beery.
- The Lucky Devil, starring Richard Dix
- Men and Women, starring Richard Dix
- The Merry Widow, starring Mae Murray; directed by Erich von Stroheim.
- The Monster, starring Lon Chaney.
- Phantom of the Opera, starring Lon Chaney, Mary Philbin, and Norman Kerry.
- The Plastic Age - directed by Wesley Ruggles, screen-written by Frederica Sagor Maas, starring Clara Bow (her debut) and Gilbert Roland; Clark Gable was also in this film.
- The Pleasure Garden, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, starring Nita Naldi and Virginia Valli
- Stella Dallas (1925 film), starring Ronald Colman and Belle Bennett
- The Street of Forgotten Men
- Street Sketches (Gaijo no suketchi)
- Thou Shalt Honor Thy Wife, directed by Carl Theodor Dreyer
- Tumbleweeds, starring William S. Hart.
- Under the Crimson Sunset (Akai yuhi ni terasarete)
- The Unholy Three, starring Lon Chaney.
- The White Lily Laments (Shirayuri wa nageku)
- Wizard of Oz, starring Dorothy Dwan.
- Wolf Blood
Short film series
Animated short film series
- January 6 - Enrique Carreras , film director, producer (d. 1995)
- January 9 - Lee Van Cleef, actor (d. 1989)
- January 13 - Gwen Verdon, actress, dancer (d. 2000)
- January 26 - Paul Newman, actor (d. 2008)
- January 30 - Dorothy Malone, actress
- February 8 - Jack Lemmon, actor (d. 2001)
- February 11 - Kim Stanley, actress (d. 2001)
- February 17 - Hal Holbrook, actor
- February 18 - George Kennedy, actor
- February 20 - Robert Altman, director (d. 2006)
- February 21 - Sam Peckinpah, director (d. 1984)
- April 14 - Rod Steiger, actor (d. 2002)
- April 19 - Hugh O'Brian, actor
- June 3 - Tony Curtis, actor
- June 21 - Maureen Stapleton, actress (d. 2006)
- July 1 - Farley Granger, actor
- July 20 - Lola Albright, actress
- August 11 - Arlene Dahl, actress
- August 23 - Robert Mulligan, director
- September 8 - Peter Sellers, comedian, actor (d. 1980)
- September 9 - Cliff Robertson, actor
- October 3 - Gore Vidal, writer, actor
- October 5 - Gail Davis, actress (d. 1997)
- October 16 - Angela Lansbury, actress
- November 10 - Richard Burton, actor (d. 1984)
- November 17 - Rock Hudson, actor (d. 1985)
- December 8 - Sammy Davis Jr., singer, dancer, musician, actor (d. 1990)
- December 13 - Dick Van Dyke, actor
- December 28 - Hildegard Knef, actress, singer and writer (d. 2002)