is a website offering support and guidance to 16 - 25 year olds. It aims to provide high quality, impartial information and advice on many different areas affecting young people and is run by YouthNet
, a UK charity
TheSite.org provides information and advice on the following areas:
TheSite.org also has a community section which includes a discussion board.
In addition to factsheets and a community section TheSite.org also provides a number of unique services for its users.
askTheSite is a confidential and free advice service that puts young people in touch with experts who provide personal answers to their problems.
The following partners currently work with askTheSite:
- Addaction for drink and drugs questions
- Brook Advisory Centres provide sexual health advice
- bss provide advice on general health questions
- Wymondham, Attleborough & District Citizens Advice Bureau answer money and law questions
- Samaritans provide a crisis email service for users who need immediate help
- SANE answer mental health questions
- Shelter deal with housing enquiries
In addition a team of relationship advisors, who are experts in their field, work with askTheSite to provide answers on relationship issues. askTheSite provides answers in three working days, and users can be informed by email or text when their answer is ready.
TheSite.org also works with Resource Information Service to provide their Local Advice Finder service. This is a database of over 16,500 local, regional and national organisations who can offer advice and information about anything that is concerning a user.