The Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi
is part of the Aga Khan Health Services (AKHS). Established in 1958, the Hospital
is a 254-bed long-term care facility offering quality general medical services, specialist clinics and high-tech diagnostic services.
The Hospital receives referrals for specialized medical care and diagnostic services from various hospitals and clinics in the region. It is part of the Aga Khan Health Services international referral system with links to the Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi.
On July 1, 2005 the Hospital formally came under the management of the Aga Khan University (AKU), taking a significant step in its evolution as a premier teaching and tertiary care referral hospital.