Textile Center Building is a 12-story brick building located in the Los Angeles Fashion District. Designed by William Douglas Lee in the Gothic Revival style, the building opened in 1926 as a center for garment manufacturing. It has since been converted to condominiums.
"More than 6000 people were present at the formal opening of the new Textile Center Building, the new loft building on the corner of Eighth and Maple, built and owned by Lloyd & Casler, Inc., and catering exclusively to the wholesale garment manufacturers of the city."As part of the grand opening, a fashion show was conducted featuring wearing apparel manufactured in Los Angeles. A $400,000 bond offering in May 1927 noted that the Textile Center Building had a total floor area of and was completed in January 2006 at a cost of $626,240.68. It stated that the building was 100% rented to 56 tenants with gross annual income of $92,584 against expenses of $22,394.61, for net earnings of $70,189.39.
The building was sold in 1945 for $450,000.
In 2005, the building was converted into loft-style condominiums. Demolition of the building's interior began in January 2005 to make way 64 condominiums and of retail space. The project was part of MJW Investments' $130 million conversion of nine former garment buildings into live/work lofts and retail space. In 2006, the Los Angeles Business Journal reported that the building was "being filled with modern loft dwellers seeking an urban lifestyle.