The Italian 6th Blackshirt Division "Tevere"
was an Italian CCNN Blackshirt militia
unit formed for the Second Italo-Abyssinian War
by highly motivated volunteers. However due to age (WW1 veterans), physical disabilities (amputated veterans), lack of military training (Italians living abroad) and lack of supporting machinguns and pack artillery it was of limited combat value. Nevertheless it saw some combat in minor actions on the Somali front, and performed creditably under the command of Gen. Enrico Boscardi
Order of Battle 1935-36
6th Blackshirt Division "Tevere"
- 219th Blackshirts Legion "Vittorio Veneto"
- 219th Blackshirts Battalion (WW1 Veterans )
- 319th Blackshirts Battalion (WW1 Veterans )
- 220th Blackshirts Legion
- 201st Blackshirts Battalion (WW1 Amputated)
- 220th "Arditi" Blackshirts Battalion (WW1 Assault Troops)
- 221st Blackshirts Legion "Italiani all'Estero"
- 221st Blackshirts Battalion (Italians living abroad)
- 421st Blackshirts Battalion (Italians living abroad)
- 6th Blackshirts MMG Battalion "Curtatone e Montanara" (University students)
- 6th Artillery Battalion (65L17 - Army)
- 6th Special Engineers Company (mixed Blackshirts and Army)
- 2 x Replacements Battalions
- The Legions of "Tevere" Division did not have a supporting machingun company or pack-artillery battery.
- Additionally the Blackshirts Divisions had a Medical Section, Logistics Section, and transport of a Pack-Mules unit (1600 mules), and a Mixed Trucks unit (80 light trucks)
- Ettore Lucas and Giorgio de Vecchi, "Storia delle Unità Combattenti della MVSN 1923-1943", Giovanni Volpe Editore, 1976. pages 63 to 116 plus errata.