(founded 1989, TsT
) is a privately held UK-based limited company specialising in telephony equipment for monitoring and media applications for fixed, wireless and IP networks. Two entrepreneurs, Rob Downham and Bruce Markham, who had worked for GPT at Sopers Lane in Poole designing the original System X telephone exchange, formed the Company with the idea of revolutionizing telephone applications controlled by computer.
Their SS7 signalling based products, coinciding with the deregulation of the UK industry, were the first to put SS7 on a single card in a stand alone PC/server. Previously SS7 infrastructure costs had been prohibitive but by driving telephony infrastructure costs lower completely new customer applications could be developed.
Telesoft Technologies soon became known to SIs, OEMs and Telecom Operators for enabling worldwide connection between fixed, wireless and IP signalling network variants. Today their products encompass Media (voice, video etc) and monitoring as well as the signalling solutions. Their Media products include Media Platforms/IVRs, Gateways, Converters and Programmable Switches. Monitoring products include passive monitoring probes for Lawful Interception used in Homeland Security & Intelligence and monitoring solutions for OEMs to create OSS & VAS applications (such as roaming welcome notes). It has offices in the UK, USA and India covering Europe, Americas and the Far East.
- 1989: Telesoft Technologies founded
- 1989: World first SS7 on a card, allowing early Computer Telephony Integration, and opening up the SS7 Market to smaller suppliers
- 1991: 1st passive network monitoring probes developed for Homeland Security & Intelligence
- 1994: OKEFORD Protocol Converter and Open Programmable Switch launched
- 1995: Telesoft Technologies opens Americas office in Atlanta
- 1997: Telesoft Technologies moved into Blandford HQ
- 1998: HINTON Lawful Interception product range launched
- 1999: ANSTY network monitoring product range for OSS/VAS launched
- 2000: Telesoft Technologies adds new building to Blandford campus
- 2007: OKEFORD Media Platform/IVR launched for automated speech recognition and response, allowing VUI rather than GUI interfaces
- 2008: OKEFORD Media Platform certified VoiceXML compliant
- 2008: Telesoft Technologies opens India Office in Noida
Key Telecommunications Markets
- Lawful Interception for Homeland Security & Intelligence
- Protocol Converters/Media Gateways
- Monitoring Probes for SI & OEM Applications
- Media Severs/Platforms/IVRs