, Congress Poland
, Russian Empire March 31
– October 3
), a pupil of Kazimierz Twardowski
, was a Polish philosopher
, one of the most representative figures of the Lwów-Warsaw School
, and a member of the Polish Academy of Learning
(PAU) as well as the Polish Academy of Sciences
(PAN). He created a philosophical theory called "reism
- Elementy teorii poznania, logiki formalnej i metodologii nauk (1929)
- Traktat o dobrej robocie (Treatise about good job) (1955)
- Sprawność i błąd (Efficiency and Fault) (1956)
- Medytacje o życiu godziwym (Meditations about good life) (1966)
- Leçons sur l'histoire de la logique. Paris: Presses Universitaires de France 1964. Original Polish edition 1957.
- Praxiology. An introduction to the sciences of efficient action. New York: Pergamon Press 1965. Originally published in Polish in 1955
- ''Gnosiology. The scientific approach to the theory of knowledge. Oxford: Pergamon Press 1966. Original Polish edition 1929; second revised edition 1961.