The Hyundai Aero City
:현대 에어로시티) is a heavy-duty bus
built by Hyundai Motor Company
and primarily used as a city and intercity bus. It is distinguishable by a front 'Aero City' badge, but the common Hyundai badge is usually on the rear.
Its principal competitors are the Hyundai Global 900, the Kia AM, the Asia AM, and GM Daewoo's BS and BM.
The Aero City was built on the Mitsubishi Fuso
bus chassis and after 1994 on Hyundai's own bus chassis. Variants of the Aero City include:
- Aero City 520/540: built on the Mitsubishi Fuso Aero Bus, manufactured from 1991 to 1994.
- Aero City 520/540/540L/540SL new model: built on the Hyundai Bus Chassis, manufactured from 1994 to 2001. The L and SL models have a slightly lower deck.
- Super Aero City: manufactured from 2001 to 2004. Also available as L and SL models.
- Super Aero City Non-step Low Rider: long wheelbase with handicapped entry, manufactured in 2004, with transmission by Allison and ZF.
- New Super Aero City
- New Super Aero City Non-step Low Rider