Spacehounds of IPC is a science fiction novel by author Edward E. Smith, Ph.D.. It was first published in book form in 1947 by Fantasy Press in an edition of 2,008 copies. It was the first book published by Fantasy Press. The novel was originally serialized in the magazine Amazing Stories in 1931.
The novel concerns a spaceliner that is wrecked on a satellite of Jupiter
where alien races are encountered.
- 1931, USA, Amazing Stories, Pub date July 1931, serialized magazine publication in 3 parts
- 1947, USA, Fantasy Press, Pub date 1947, Hardback
- 1949, USA, Fantasy Press, Pub date 1949, Hardback, reprint lacking frontispiece and 3 illustrations
- 1966, USA, Ace Books, Pub date 1966, Paperback
- 1968, Germany, Terra Nova, Pub Date 1968, Paperback, as Die Interplanetarische Gesellschaft
- Chalker, Jack L.; Mark Owings The Science-Fantasy Publishers: A Bibliographic History, 1923-1998. Westminster, MD and Baltimore: Mirage Press, Ltd..
- Tuck, Donald H. The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction and Fantasy. Chicago: Advent. ISBN 0-911682-22-8.