Stockholm-Skavsta Airport (Swedish: Stockholm-Skavsta flygplats, is an international airport near Nyköping, Sweden, approximately 100 km (62.5 miles) south of Stockholm. It serves low-cost airlines and cargo operators. Stockholm-Skavsta Airport is Stockholm's second largest airport, and the third largest in Sweden, with 2.0 million passengers.
The airport was established as a military air base
(F 11 Nyköping
) in the 1940s and developed into a civilian airport in 1984. In 1997 the airport acquired its first international route to London Stansted
, operated by Ryanair
. In 2003 Ryanair established a hub
at Stockholm-Skavsta with 6 new routes. After that Wizzair
opened routes to Eastern Europe. For a short period in 2005, Finnair
flew from Boston
with a stop at Skavsta, but the airline has since moved the route to the larger Stockholm-Arlanda Airport
. In May 2006 Fritidsresor started charter flights from the airport.
- Car rental
- Airport coaches travel directly between Stockholm-Skavsta Airport and the City Terminal in Stockholm (approx. 90 min travel time and costs SEK 150, return 249) where airport coaches. There are also airport coaches to Södertälje, Linköping, Norrköping, Eskilstuna, Arboga, Örebro and local stops south and in the southern parts of Stockholm. See www.flygbussarna.se
- Local buses 715 and 515 travel to Nyköping and Oxelösund from 4 am to midnight (21 SEK). See www.lanstrafiken.se/sormland
- The local train station in Nyköping is 7 km away. The station can be accessed via a fixed price taxi (about SEK 200) or the local bus no. 515 or 715 for SEK 21 to/from the train station. Travel time to Stockholm is 60 min and costs approx SEK 118. See www.sj.se
- Taxi must be preordered and it takes about 60 min to down town Stockholm and costs about SEK 1300. See www.flygtaxi.se
- Short term parking costs SEK 30 per hour. Long term parking costs between SEK 90 and 40 per day depending on the length of the occupancy. The terminal is reached by foot from all parking areas.
Airlines and destinations
- Gotlandsflyg (Visby)
- Ryanair (Alghero [seasonal], Alicante, Basel [seasonal], Berlin-Schönefeld, Birmingham, Bratislava, Bremen, Dublin, Edinburgh [begins 5 November], Eindhoven, Girona, Glasgow-Prestwick, Grenoble [seasonal], Hahn, Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden, Liverpool, London-Stansted, Klagenfurt [seasonal], Krakow [begins 20 December], Lodz [begins 29 October], Lübeck, Malta, Marseille [seasonal], Milan-Bergamo, Paris-Beauvais, Prague [begins October 27], Riga, Pisa [seasonal], Rimini [seasonal], Rome-Ciampino, Salzburg [seasonal], Trapani [seasonal], Valencia [seasonal], Venice-Treviso, Weeze, Wroclaw [begins October 28])
- Thomas Cook Airlines Scandinavia (Las Palmas, Tunisia) [seasonal]
- TUIfly Nordic (Phuket} [seasonal]
- Wizz Air (Budapest, Warsaw, Gdansk, Katowice)