Shovgenovsky District (Шовге́новский райо́н; ) is an administrative and a municipal district, one of the seven in the Republic of Adygea, Russia. It is located in the central northern portion of the Republic and borders with Ust-Labinsky District of Krasnodar Krai in the north, Kurganinsky District of Krasnodar Krai in the north and north-east, Koshekhablsky District in the east and south-east, Giaginsky District in the south, Belorechensky District of Krasnodar Krai in the south-west, and Krasnogvardeysky District in the west. The area of the district is 521.43 km². Its administrative center is the aul of Khakurinokhabl. District's population: 16,388 (2002 Census); 17,867 (1989 Census). Population of Khakurinokhabl accounts for 23.4% of the district's population.
History of Shovgenovsky District goes back to July 27, 1922, when Adyghe (Cherkess) Autonomous Oblast was established within the Russian SFSR. At that time, the autonomous oblast consisted of three okrugs, one of which, Farssky, covered the territory of modern Shovgenovsky District. On August 5, 1924, Farssky Okrug was renamed Khakurinokhablsky District. On December 7, 1956, Khakurinokhablsky District was abolished, and its territory distributed among Koshekhablsky, Giaginsky, and Krasnogvardeysky Districts. On January 12, 1965, however, the district was re-established under the name of Shovgenovsky. During all of the district's history, the aul of Khakurinokhabl served as district's administrative center.