Shootout! The Game
is an ad-supported episodic first person shooter
developed by Kuma Reality Games
(the developers of KumaWar
). The History Channel's ShootOut! The Game
enables player to participate in some of history's most famous battles such as The Battle of the Bulge
and Iwo Jima
. The game mirrors actual episodes from the History Channel
's show of the same name (Shootout!
has also collaborated with Kuma Reality Games
on a video game based on another History Channel
program: Dogfights: The Game
Since the 1st of June 2008,Shootout has been renamed Kuma War WWII/Vietnam in the Kuma Games Client.However the system files still are the same and gameplay has not been changed.
ShootOut! The Game runs on Valve's Source Engine and features many single and multiplayer maps for players to engage in.
Much like Kuma Reality Games' other properties(i.e. KumaWar, Dinohunters), ShootOut! The Game is distributed in a free downloadable episodes for the PC. Instead of releasing the entire game completely like most FPS, Shootout the Game is distributed freely in episodes through Kuma Reality Games' game client. The player decides what episodes to download. The same goes for multiplayer maps.
ShootOut! The Game
is a first person shooter
that utilizes Valve's Source Engine
. This gives the game a gameplay style similar to that of Counter-Strike: Source
and Day of Defeat: Source
ShootOut! The Game features single and multiplayer missions for players to engage in, with a multitude of weapons at their disposal.
Single Player Episodes
- Episode 01: Iwo Jima: Stinger - Take the role of a lone hero tasked with infiltrating Japanese bunkers to save POWs, get supplies and utilize the "Stinger"(M1919) to take out Japanese camps.
- Episode 02: Iwo Jima: Mount Suribachi - As a member of the 3rd platoon of Easy Company; storm the Japanese complex on Mount Suribachi.
- Episode 05: Battle of the Bulge: Foxhole - Play as a member of a courageous group of soldiers who must beat the odds against numerous oncoming attackers.
- Episode 06: Battle of the Bulge: Scout - Tasked with a scouting mission, players must track the enemy back to their headquarters and launch an offensive on the base.
- Episode 08: Tet Offensive: Embassy - One of the Vietnamese's most daring assaults, which blew a hole in the American embassy. Now military police must defend the embassy and keep the battle from spreading further.
- Episode 09: Tet Offensive: Battle at Ho Bo Woods - Delta Troops intercept a group of Vietnamese and a bloody ground war begins.
- Episode 13: Iwo Jima: Mount Suribachi (Co-Op) - Get help on the raid of Mount Suribachi by bringing a friend along for the battle.
- Episode 14: Iwo Jima: Stinger (Co-Op) - The lone hero gets some help on his mission to save POWs, get supplies and take out the Japanese base.
- Episode 03: Iwo Jima: Midnight Raid - Play as the Americans or the Japanese in this map based on the nighttime ambush of sleeping B-29 crews by Japanese soldiers.
- Episode 04: Battle of the Bulge: Lanzareth - This episode puts you in control of attacking or defending the village of Lanzareth where one of the bloodiest battles of World War II occurred.
- Episode 07: Tet Offensive: Tet Offensive - American soldiers are rescued on incoming forces, but a bloody battle ensues in the jungles of Vietnam, in this small, dark jungle-based map.
- Episode 10: Tet Offensive: The Embassy - Pick a side and defend the American Embassy or attempt to take control of it. This map allows you to get up on the Embassy roof by using the elevator.
- Episode 11: Iwo Jima: Beachfront Assault - On the shores of Iwo Jima, the battle is fierce in the red vs blue map. Note:This map is based on the Stinger SP and CO-OP,but it is noticeably smaller.
- Episode 12: Battle of the Bulge: Foxhole - A stealth based map with lot of places to hide,such as the tree line which the Americans were hiding behind or the rooftops and houses in the German village.
- Episode 15: Tet Offensive: Bomb Crater - 4th Cavalry Delta troops take on an army of Vietnamese soldiers in a battle in the Ho Bo woods.F eatures a helicopter which constantly flies around the level. Players can use it to their advantage, by jumping on a tree from the helicopter.