is a railway station
on the San'yō Shinkansen
and the San'yō Main Line
, operated by West Japan Railway Company
in Shimonoseki, Yamaguchi
San'yō Shinkansen has one island platform
, one side platform
with a prepared track layer and two through tracks without platforms. All of them are elevated. San'yō Main Line has two side platforms and one siding track without platform. All of them are on ground. Two lines cross spatially.
||■San'yō Shinkansen(down,west bound)
|| for , (Only Kodama which starts or ends at this station uses. ) |
||for Kokura, Hakata |
||, , |
|San'yō Main Line|
||■San'yō Main Line (up)
||for , , |
||■San'yō Main Line (down)
||for , , Kokura |
Track 5 has no platform.
- 27 May 1901: San'yo Railway opened - . This station was opened as Ichinomiya (一ノ宮) station. It was located near the Sumiyoshi shrine (住吉神社) which is also called Nagato Ichinomiya (長門一宮).
- 1 December 1906: San'yo railway was nationalized.
- 1 January 1916: Station name was changed to Nagato-Ichinomiya (長門一ノ宮).
- 19 November 1928: The station was moved to today's location, according to the route change of San'yo main line between and .
- 10 March 1975: Sanyo Shinkansen was opened and station name was changed to Shin-shimonoseki.
- 1 April 1987: Privatization of JNR.