In the early 19th Century the rear range was demolished and remodelled internally. Further modifications were undertaken between 1899 and 1902 to convert Lodge Park to a dower house for Emily Lady Sherborne. The National Trust took ownership in 1983 and in 1998 undertook a programme of work to convert the property to its original form.
A plan to redesign the park behind the property was done in the 18th century by the garden designer Charles Bridgeman but the work to carry it out was left unfinished after the death of the owner. Some of the features of the park from this time are still visible.
The grandstand has two viewing platforms: the roof and the first-floor balcony. The interior consists of first-floor great room (probably used for banqueting), an entrance hall, kitchen and other smaller rooms.
Modern National Trust display boards inside show earlier phases of the building and describe the restoration work.