- For a similarly named hip hop act from Los Angeles, see Shape Shifters (band).
For a drum and bass act from New Zealand, see Shapeshifter (band).
Shapeshifters, consisting of Simon Marlin and Max Reich, are an electronic music group from the United Kingdom. The group is signed to Defected Records.
They are known in the United States as Shape:UK, in part due to a conflict with the Los Angeles based hip-hop act Shape Shifters over the name because of the latter having been performing and releasing albums under that name since 1992 and having legally trademarked it. However, the UK duo still uses the "Shapeshifters" name when they are charting in other countries outside the US.
They are best known for their UK #1 single "Lola's Theme
" in July 2004
. The track was originally released as an instrumental promo in 2003
and was inspired by Simon's wife, Lola. Their second single released in March 2005
, titled "Back To Basics" reached number 10 in the UK. The third single Incredible
with singer Kelly Marie smith reached Number 12 and their debut album Sound Advice
was released on 6 March
, peaking at 76. Sound Advice
was released in the United States
on Ultra Records
under the Shape:UK name in September 2006. The fourth single, featuring Chic
charted at number 40 on 30 July
- 2004 Shapeshifters present House Grooves
- 2005 Shapeshifters present House Grooves Vol. 2
- 2006 Sound Advice — #76 UK
- 2004 "Lola's Theme" — #1 UK; #1 US Dance Radio Airplay, #13 Netherlands #35 Australia
- 2005 "Back To Basics" — #10 UK; #1 US Dance Club Play, #17 Netherlands #62 Australia
- 2006 "Incredible" — #12 UK, #62 Australia, #19, Netherlands
- 2006 "Sensitivity" (feat. Chic) — #40 UK, #21 Netherlands
- 2007 "Pusher"
- 2007 "New Day"
- 2008 "Chime"
- 2008 "Treadstone"