The Federación de Asociaciones de Scouts de España (ASDE, Federation of Spanish Scout Associations) is a Spanish Scout association. It is one of the members of the Federación de Escultismo en España and thus of the World Organization of the Scout Movement. It serves 31,458 members (as of 2006).
The ASDE was founded in 1912 by Teodoro Iradier y Herrero and Arturo Cuyás under the name Exploradores de España - Boy-scouts españoles (Spanish Explorers - Spanish Boy-Scouts). It was among the founding members of the Boy Scouts' International Conference in 1920.
In 1940, after the Spanish Civil War the Exploradores de España were suspended by Franco's regime, but could continue their activities as Asociación Nacional de Exploradores de España (ANEDE, National Association of Spanish Explorers) with a semi-tolerated status.
The organization was fully legalized in 1977 under the name Asociación de Scouts de España (Spanish Scout Association) during the reforms after Franco's death. In 1978, it formed the Federación de Escultismo en España with the Movimiento Scout Católico and the Federació Catalana d'Escoltisme i Guiatge and was readmitted to the World Organization of the Scout Movement the same year.
The ASDE is divided in five sections according to age:
- Castores/Castors (Beaver Scouts) - ages 6 to 8
- Lobatos/Llobatons (Cub Scouts - ages 8 to 11
- Scouts/Rangers (Scouts) - ages 11 to 14
- Escultas/Pioneros/Pioners (Senior Scouts) - ages 14 to 16
- Rovers/Rutas (Rover Scouts) - ages 16 to 21
Siempre Listo, Always Ready
Por mi honor prometo hacer cuanto de mi dependa para:
- Cumplir mis deberes para con Dios y la Patria,
- Ayudar al projimo en toda circunstancia y
- Cumplir fielmente la Le Scout.
On my honor, I promise that I will do my best:
- To do my duty to God and the country,
- To help other people at all times and
- To obey the Scout Law.
- El Scout cifra su honor en ser digno de confianza
A Scout's honor is to be trusted
- El Scout es leal para con su Patria, padres, jefes y subordinados
A Scout is loyal to his country, his parents, his leaders and those under him
- El Scout es util y ayuda a los demas sin pensar en recompensa
''A Scout's duty is to be useful and to help others without benefit
- El Scout es amigo de todos y hermano de todo Scout
A Scout is a friend to all and a brother to every other Scout
- El Scout es cortes y caballeroso
A Scout is courteous and a gentlemen
- El Scout ve en la Naturaleza la obra de Dios. Protégé animales y plantas
A Scout sees the work of God in nature. He loves animals and plants
- El Scout obedece sin replicar, nada hace a medias
A Scout obeys orders without question and leaves nothing half done
- El Scout sonrie y silba ante sus dificultades
A Scout smiles and sings under all difficulties
- El Scout es ahorrador y cuidadoso del bien ajeno
A Scout is thrifty and respects other people's property
- El Scout es limpio y sano en pensamientos, palabras y acciones
A Scout is clean in thought, word and deed
The ASDE is a federation
of independent regional organizations, organized according to the autonomous communities of Spain
. Its members are:
The organization has no groups in the Basque Country and in Navarre.