In the heart of the village lies the remains of the Château de Septmonts, of which the principal remains are of the 14th century donjon or keep. The castle was the country seat of the Bishop of Soissons, probably since the last half of the 12th century and was first built in stone a little before 1242.
Thought to have been inspired by the works of Charles V of France, the 43 metre tall donjon, exemplifies the princely style of the late 14th century, combining both military and residential function.
The donjon is currently undergoing a programme of restoration. The other sights at the chateau include:
The village contains a 15th century church in the flamboyant style.