is an internet website
, dedicated to articles about, and discussion of, the game of Go
. It is one of the largest and most active wikis outside of the Wikipedia
project on the internet. The creators of the website in October 2000, were the Go
players Morten G. Pahle and Arno Hollosi. Arno Hollosi is notable for designing version 4 of Anders Kierulf's popular SGF
file format and for his work with the Austrian Citizen Card project. The website is highly regarded in the Go community. Among its contributors are some published Go authors, such as Charles Matthews and John Fairbairn
The website is used for a number of purposes, and contains
- Over 16000 articles.
- Articles on the history of Go.
- Discussion of opening fuseki.
- Discussion of basic and advanced joseki.
- Discussion of tsumego problems.
- Guides to high level and low level strategy.
- Beginner manuals.
- Articles on Rules and Rule arcana.
- Go Community information, such as tournament results and Go server FAQs.
- For playing Go and Go variants.
- Help for those seeking advice on Go positions.
Notes and references