is a borough located to the far north east of the city of Oslo
. Historically, Stovner was the name of a farm in the municipal borough "Østre Aker
". Østre Aker was merged with Oslo in 1948, both instigated and followed by a massive expansion of the city settlement. The borough Stovner of today is built on the home fields of the Stovner farm, the first record of which dates back to the 14th century, and on the fields of several other farms that where situated in the area covered by the borough. The bulk of the modern high-rise settlement built by Selvaag
was completed in the first half of the 1970s, together with several schools, a subway
line into central Oslo and an administrative center for the borough. The last three stations of Grorudbanen
are in Stovner borough.