was a female dance-pop
, urban contemporary
, house music
and freestyle trio
from New York
assembled and produced
by Clivilles and Cole of C+C Music Factory
, consisting of members Idalis DeLeon
(born 15 June 1966
), April Harris (born 25 March 1967
) and Michelle Visage
(born 20 September 1968
Originally intended as a studio project, Seduction's second single "You're My One and Only (True Love)" featured uncredited lead vocals by Martha Wash. The song ended up becoming a hit, and a group was then assembled for the recording of the album Nothing Matters Without Love and subsequent singles. Their biggest hit came in early 1990 with "Two To Make It Right", a #2 pop hit. In mid-1990 DeLeon left the group and was replaced by Sinoa Loren (born 6 December 1966). After a pair of hits with this line-up, the group broke up in 1991.
- DeLeon went on to become a prominent MTV VJ and actress on shows such as Living Single.
- Michelle Visage performed guest vocals on the single "Crash" by freestyle act TKA, as well as the single "It's Gonna Be a Lovely Day" by C+C Music Factory alter-ego The S.O.U.L. S.Y.S.T.E.M. Visage later co-hosted a VH1 talk show show with RuPaul, and eventually went on to be a popular on-air personality for New York radio station WKTU. In 2005, Visage joined the morning show "The Morning Mix" on WNEW-FM "Mix 102.7" FM (now WWFS).
- April Harris now owns the rights to the name Seduction. She reassembled the group with two new members, Maria Flora and Eunice Quiñones, (Miss New York Latina 2006), and released an album of new material, Feel Brand New, through her own record label, AVH Entertainment in 2005. The title song was released as a single in conjunction with the project, with remixes by Mike Rizzo and Junior Vasquez.
- 1988 "Seduction" #17 U.S. Dance, #87 UK
- 1989 "You're My One and Only (True Love)" #23 U.S., (RIAA certification: Gold) #3 U.S. Dance, and #56 U.S. R&B, #92 UK
- 1989 "Two to Make It Right" #2 U.S.(RIAA certification: Platinum), #1 U.S. Dance, #79 UK
- 1990 "Heartbeat" #13 U.S.(RIAA certification:Gold), #2 U.S. Dance, #21 R&B Singles, #75 UK
- 1990 "Could This Be Love" #11 U.S., #38 U.S. R&B, #21 U.S. Adult Contemporary
- 1990 "Breakdown" #82 U.S., #4 U.S. Dance
- 2003 "All Night Long"
- 2004 "Feel Brand New"